Austin Engineering has engineered the innovative range of JEC T3 three-arm tyre handlers.
The JEC T3 Tyre Handler design no longer requires conventional pad rotation which substantially reduces the extended centre of gravity in tyre handling operations and therefore allows smaller and more compact machine compatibility ideal for, but not restricted to, underground tyre maintenance operations. Machine stability is also greatly improved.
Clamp cylinders are fully hidden to maximize visibility and accessibility around the tyre handler during tyre manipulation. If left in the clamp position when performing tyre/rim disassembly or servicing the unit will provide added protection and containment from flying debris in the case of a tyre explosion.
1. Ability to slew 30 Degrees for correct alignment of rim stud holes and valve stems
2. Fully adjustable clamp arms cater for a range of tyre and rim combinations
3. 30 degree main body rotation (Hydraulic cylinder)
4. Safety lock valves fitted to all cylinders
5. Heavy duty slew ring for body rotation
6. Low profile clamp pads allow easy access to confined clearances common around underground mine trucks and LHD’s (fuel tanks, mudguards etc..)
7. Optional high power LED work lights strategically incorporated for additional visibility underground or for working at night
8. Optional camera with cab mounted monitor
9. Arms positively clamp in three directions simultaneously to supply superior clamping force over conventional designs
10. Risk of tyre escape is virtually eliminated even in the unlikely event of system failure
11. The design also has the ability to compress tyre side walls to allow for safe removal of the bead seat band, locking ring and o-ring in a safe and contained manner without and tyre side wall damage. (Requires optional quick attachment tooling)
12. Attachment lugs are configured to allow forward rotation sufficient to clamp the tyre situated on the ground in a horizontal position
13. Crowd back vertically to the required tyre mounting position and into a functional and safe carry/transit position, this eliminates the possibility of tyre escape in transit